St. Dominic founded the cloistered Dominican nuns to be at the heart of the holy preaching of his Order. In our hidden life we seek God, ponder His Word, and call upon Him in solitude so that by giving ourselves totally in union with Christ, our lives may bear fruit for God and souls. Our life at Marbury includes:
- The common life–a community striving to be one mind and heart in the Lord
- The solemn celebration of the liturgy–the Church’s official praise of God, sung in both English and our traditional Dominican Latin chant
- Eucharistic Adoration and Perpetual Rosary–in reparation and intercession for the world
- Marian Consecration–St. Louis Marie de Montfort’s Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary, made and lived as a community
- Fidelity to the Magisterium of the Church–in our study of Sacred Truth as Dominicans, our observance of papal enclosure, and our witness as contemplative brides of Christ.
We hope this website will help introduce you to our contemplative monastic vocation as Dominican Nuns at the Dominican Monastery of St. Jude. To learn more about a vocation to our community, click here.